Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30: Columbus Zoo

Today, Josh and I had brunch with Earl, Alyn, and Alyn's adult son Joe. After brunch, the five of us went to the Columbus Zoo. We saw a lot of animals, and of course, we saw a giant piece of macaroni and cheese.


The pasta doesn't lie. I dig mac 'n' cheese! We also saw real animals, like flamingoes:


The zoo has a baby bonobo, which is only a week and a half old. Her name is Elema.


A shot through the mist:


A kangaroo chilling:


These birds are LOUD.


An orangutan drinking water:


Snake!


Not a full-grown elephant, but not a baby elephant. So a tween elephant?


Polar bear!


Here's a cool one off the glass of an exhibit. I'm reminded of an exhibit at the Atlanta Zoo of "The World's Most Dangerous Animal," which is simply a mirror.


We had a good time. After the zoo, we ate a nice dinner out at an Italian restaurant. (Good thing my Lain I teacher played us a movie in Italian this year!) When we got home, Josh and I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I forgot how funny that movie is!

Josh and I leave for Chicago soon.

Trip odometer: 866.6 miles
Currently listening to: Wonder Twin Powers!

No comments:

Post a Comment