Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26: Last Day in North Carolina

Today was a relaxed day. This morning, we tossed around the Frisbee for a while, and then we played some cards. (Josh is very good at Go Fish.) The Carolina summer has been bringing us scattered rains in throughout our days here. So since our usual spot for playing cards was wet, we made a makeshift table in the pavilion.


I took this shot of the gravel road on our walk back up to the house.


For lunch, Josh made the gnocchi, and I made the salad. Josh approved of my salad. What more can I ask for?


We didn't do very much in the afternoon, mainly because of the heavy scattered rains. When it finally got sunny later in the afternoon, I went down to the river and read some more of a book my dad got me, called Blue Highways.


After dinner, Josh built a fire, and we made s'mores. We got a pack of Resse's Cups, and we each had a Reese's Cup s'more. If you've never tried one, I highly recommend it!


In the morning, we'll leave for Columbus, Ohio. I'm looking forward to the drive!

Trip odometer: 334.9 miles
Currently listening to: Big K.R.I.T

No comments:

Post a Comment