Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25: Day Trip to Pisgah Forest

Josh and I didn't do too much yesterday. We spent some time outside, and I took some pictures. Here's a shot of the house:


A view of the mountains from the property:


And for some reason there's an old windmill? I guess? I thought it looked cool.


We also watched a lot of television, mainly How I Met Your Mother and Top Gear. We had pasta for dinner last night, and Josh made us a killer sauce from scratch.


Today, we took a day trip to the Pisgah National Forest, near Brevard, North Carolina. When Josh was younger, his summer camp used to go to a place in the Pisgah called Sliding Rock, which is a 60-foot natural water slide. Josh and I decided to go to Sliding Rock today, and we had a blast.


After that, we went to the nearby Looking Glass Falls, which is gorgeous. Pictures can't capture how amazing the waterfall is.


Then we went to an ice cream shop nearby called Dolly's Dairy Bar. We both had some delicious blackberry ice cream, which I ate up before I could take a picture of it. The shop has a nice porch with rocking chairs. We had a good time. Now we're back in Franklin after the hour and a half ride back.

Dinner's ready. We're having fajitas tonight.

Trip odometer: 334.5 miles
Currently listening to: Top Gear in the background, but we listened to a lot of Avett Brothers and Mumford and Sons today

No comments:

Post a Comment