Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23: First Day!



Today's the first day of our big trip. I had to say my (sad) goodbyes, but then we hit the road. The picture above was taken right before we left.

Josh and I just made it up from Atlanta to our first stop in Franklin, North Carolina. We stopped at the Ingles in Franklin to pick up some groceries. Now we're just about to make some dinner. (For those of you who don't know, Josh is an awesome cook, and I'm excited to see what we're going to eat. Warning: I may be posting some food pictures throughout the trip!)

We're staying these first few days by ourselves at my Aunt Stacy and her fiancé Greg's place. It's ten acres of what used to be a campground, but now they just own it for friends and family to stay. The old camp store is now a super nice house with a decked out kitchen, bedrooms, etc. And to top it off, the property is right by the Nantahala River. Here's a picture I took of the river when I was here a few years ago:


Anyway, it's about time to make some food. More posts to come. We'll leave you with a picture of us making dinner:



Currently listening to: The Head and The Heart
Current odometer reading: 132.6 miles from home

No comments:

Post a Comment